Abu Dhabi Food Control Authority (ADFCA) is a Government Regulatory body assures and ensures sustainable agriculture and food safety in Abu Dhabi Emirate. ADFCA mandates agriculture and food safety law and policies, regulations and its enforcement by carrying out inspections, laboratory testing, research & statistical analysis and awareness at all stages of food chain. ADFCA is committed to organize and manage all Government support Programs effectively to provide excellent Quality services in line with Vision and Direction of the Abu Dhabi Emirate.
To achieve ADFCA’s Vision and Mission and ensure compliance to the Integrated Management System requirements, ADFCA is committed to:
• Ensure all ADFCA operations and services are in Legal compliance with applicable local laws, legislations, regulations including National Emergency Crisis and Disaster Management Authority (NCEMA) standards and specification, Abu Dhabi Environment, Health and Safety Management System Regulatory Framework (AD EHSMS RF), Abu Dhabi Information Security Programme and other related international code of practices and agreements.
• Ensure continual improvement of implemented Integrated Management System (IMS) by provision of appropriate resources, including EHS and meeting organizational KPIs, including setting, monitoring and reviewing EHS targets and objectives.
• Enhance ADFCA’s culture by motivating employees, promoting team-work, improving personnel’s competence through training and development, enhancing employee health and wellbeing, cultivating employees’ attitude towards meeting Government of Abu Dhabi and stakeholders’ needs and exceeding their expectations as applicable.
• Identify applicable environmental aspects and impacts and work accordingly to sustain the environmental resources and prevent environmental pollution.
• Practice effective environmental practices in handling & disposal of waste and reduction, reuse, recycling of paper, fuel, energy and materials.
• Identify, through effective Risk Management Program, all applicable occupational health and safety hazards, evaluate and mitigate potential risks to prevent injury and illness to all interested parties.
• Ensure continual improvement in the Quality of Laboratory services by following Good Laboratory Practices and comply with relevant standards requirements in order to provide excellent testing services to all interested parties.
• Manage effectively all incidents that may cause disruption to ADFCA’s operations and services, by meeting the BCM objectives and Risk Appetite of the Societal Security Business Continuity Program within the defined scope.
• Ensure the highest possible Food Safety, Quality and Hygiene are achieved through the professional food inspection in accordance with relevant Food Law, Regulations and Code of Practices.
• Provide professional customer services to maintain appropriate customer relationship and ensure all customer complaints and appeals are handled as efficiently and effectively as possible.
• Effective Management of ADFCA Assets through implementation of Asset Management System requirements, by adopting a risk based asset management approach to the integrated management of ADFCA assets, which covers consistently entire asset lifecycle from planned procurement, efficient operation, timely maintenance and proper disposal.
• Effective protection of information from unauthorised access, confidentiality, integrity and availability of information by satisfying applicable requirements of information security, information security risks management by implementation of Information Security Management System
• Effective delivery of highest quality Information & Communication Technology services to all interested parties by implementing an Information Technology Service Management System
• Communicate this IMS policy to all persons working for or on behalf of ADFCA and make them aware and held them responsible for meeting IMS requirements.
This IMS policy shall be reviewed periodically as needed and provided to public and interested parties.